If you’ve never posted an Instagram story before, you’re missing out! It’s an excellent way to get extra visibility with your followers. Think of stories like the “snack” in between the meals (which are your Instagram posts). It’s the thing that helps keep you top of mind, keep a connection going with your followers, even develop a story line with them!
Try posting a story now!
- Once in Instagram, check out your icon on the top left corner (you’ll see everyone else’s stories at the top as well). It’ll say “Your Story” with a little plus sign. Click on that.
- Next, you’ll see several options where you can upload an existing photo or video (it should look like a small thumbnail image of your last photo in your camera), or you can “go live” (like I have with you every night of this challenge) or you can type a story, etc.
- Have fun, play around and explore. The easiest thing to do is choose an image that’s already in your phone. Then click “Your Story” to tell Instagram you want this image to go to your story. Then BOOM. It’s done. You’ll see your story floating up top along with everyone else’s.
That’s the basics of how to do a simple Instagram story. Got questions? Of course, DM me.
More Instagram Tips:
Here are more helpful Instagram Tips for your review:
- Hashtags: Use the Power of Hashtags for Audience Growth and to Attract the Right Audience!
- Name: Do You Know the Power of Your Instagram Name?
- Bio: How to Optimize Your Instagram Bio
- Link: Optimize Your Instagram Link (in your bio)
- Quick Replies: Using Quick Replies as an Authentic Alternative to Messenger Bots
- REAL Followers: How to get REAL Followers that Matter to Your Business on Instagram.
Hope that gives you enough to be dangerous! 😉 Cheers and have fun! DM us at @theadsagency on Instagram with any questions or you can also ask them in the A-Listers Group on Facebook. Happy gramming!
Andrea D. Smith
The ADS Agency