For those of you in our special 8-Day Instagram Challenges we do (“Hello Fall” and “Hello Spring” so far), we have a great time with Loop Friday, don’t we? Thanks for taking part in that oh-so-fun experiment with us! We wanted to see if everyone got at least 3 other small business owners / small biz lovers involved with the loop, could we get everyone quality, REAL followers who are business-minded and / or business-appreciative. I think we did that! The numbers are still rolling in on this, but the Loop Friday post on our page alone got 100 likes, 142 comments, reached 1,930 people and garnered 2,906 impressions (i.e. read as “eyeballs” for short). On that post, 68% involved were women (32% men) with the vast majority in the 35-44 age range. How do I know all of that? Because of Instagram Insights – something you all have access to if your account is a business account (ask me if you’re not sure how to change your account from a personal to a business).
The point of all that was to get you used to accepting quality, REAL followers who care about small business. But you can get even more specific than that with your particular business. Ultimately, you want followers who could one day become a customer of yours, right? The best way to do this is to go out and interact with your target audience ON THEIR PAGES. Yes. We can do a real deep-dive on this, but for today, I’m going to give you the high-level:
- Find people you want to follow using the hashtags your target audience would use.
- Once you find someone who looks like your ideal customer, show them some love!
- Like the last 5 photos they posted (you want to make sure they see you)
- Leave a comment under their last 3 photos (or at LEAST one of them)
- Boom. You’ve got a new follower.
Is that time-consuming? Yes, it is. But it is FAR more effective than trying to buy followers for vanity sake. Why have 13,000 followers if none of them are really interested in your product / service / whatever you post about? I want your Instagram account to be EFFECTIVE. Because that’s what’s going to get you real results.
More Quick Instagram Tips:
Here are even more great Instagram Tips for your review:
- Hashtag Power: Use the Power of Hashtags for Audience Growth and to Attract the Right Audience!
- Name Power: Do You Know the Power of Your Instagram Name?
- Bio Optimization: How to Optimize Your Instagram Bio
- Link Optimization: Optimize Your Instagram Link (in your bio)
- Quick Replies: Using Quick Replies as an Authentic Alternative to Messenger Bots
Hope that gives you enough to be dangerous! 😉 Cheers and have fun! DM us at @theadsagency on Instagram with any questions or you can also ask them in the A-Listers Group on Facebook. Happy gramming!
Andrea D. Smith
The ADS Agency