Last week we asked the question: WHY do we sabotage our own business dreams? Today we’re coming back to you with a special weekend-edition response to that – giving you 5 of our best ways we’ve found to NOT sabotage our dreams. This is a bit of encouragement we wanted to share with you that we often remind ourselves of – and actually it comes in the form of a question: are we playing small or are we serving the world? Playing small means we’re playing it safe. The nice, safe, comfortable side with very low risk and also very low returns. We don’t get criticized here – if ever. No one bothers us on the “playing small” side. But it’s not a very satisfying place to be, and actually, I believe it’s a very sabotaging thing to do to your own business. To play it small. Serving the world causes us to have to use our light, our gifts, our talents. It does come with some ridicule – maybe even a lot. Plenty of haters and naysayers. But this is where we were meant to play.
Below is the quote from Marianne Williamson that helps us so much in this regard. Also, we’ll include the link to the original video below for your convenience. Cheers and let us know how you combat this in your own world! “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ….keep shining. Be authentic.
🎧 Listen to the Podcast here:
5 TIPS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Be sagacious about criticism
- Keep a Success Journal (or Kudos Folder) – record your wins! Remind yourself of what you’re good at. Jump to this part of our video about the Success Journal.
- Outsource & Learn (ways to deal with your own shortcomings / weaknesses). Acting like we know it all / enough will sabotage us, stagnate our growth.
- Try a Kanban Board for combating the attractiveness and allure of perceived fires + eliminate excuses. Time-tracking and budget-checks are also a good thing to do (where we spend our time and money says a lot about our actual priorities in life). Jump to this part of our video about Kanban Boards. First Things First!Recommended books*:
First Things First https://amzn.to/2z4wbqB
The 4-Hour Work Week https://amzn.to/2PLH4Hp
The ONE Thing https://amzn.to/2FiIrZX
- Remember we were MADE to shine. Our playing small does not serve the world. Whenever you need to be reminded of this, re-read the quote above and internalize that for yourself. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
📽 WHY WE SABOTAGE OUR OWN BUSINESS DREAMS: https://youtu.be/1VkXl80HCtk
📗 RECEIVE YOUR FREE “AUTHENTIC MARKETING MAGIC” EBOOK
Free to our followers now through the end of the year (2018) only. https://theadsagency.lpages.co/ads-au…
💡 SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL https://tinyurl.com/adsyoutubesubscribe
✉ SIGNUP FOR ADS EMAILS https://tinyurl.com/ADSemailsubscribe
GET YOUR MARKETING PLAN TOGETHER FOR 2019:
📽Part 1: Getting Your Marketing Plan Together for 2019 (Business Goals) https://youtu.be/JF8iDNracu4
📽 Part 2: Your Marketing Plan for 2019 Remembering WHO you are, WHO you serve plus doing a competitor refresh. https://youtu.be/Opyr_wAB50w
📽 Part 3: Your Marketing Plan for 2019 Incorporating the 7P’s of Marketing in your plan https://youtu.be/nzaBFndf2BQ
📽 Part 4: Your Marketing Plan for 2019 How MUCH to spend, WHERE to spend it and HOW to track it. https://youtu.be/vteLr9BcD3o